Essendon won't "rush" Devon smith, says Campbell

SEN - Thu, 16th May 2019 - 0 Comments

Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell says the club will take their time in trying to get star midfielder Devon Smith right.

Smith reported soreness in his knee and was subsequently sent to a specialist to determine the severity of the injury.

Campbell says the reigning Bombers Best & Fairest could be sidelined for a minimum of six to eight weeks, but the club won’t speed up the process.

“Dev (Devon) has had some challenges with the knee and it’s something that we just have to take the advice of specialists,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“We’re not going to rush him back by any stretch.

“He’s clearly been playing with that knee for a long period of time this year and it’s probably hampering his performance a little bit.

“We’ve just got to take the advice of the specialist.”

In better news for the Bombers, Joe Daniher and Mark Baguley are set to return to the line-up after being rested last week.

Essendon takes on Fremantle at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.

Hear Xavier Campbell on SEN Breakfast in the player below.

Leave a comment